Wednesday 3 August 2011

Trip to Ashburton on Labour Weekend!

The Plains Vintage Railway and Historical Museum in Ashburton is holding a celebration for their 40th anniversary on Labour Weekend this year and I'll be attending! I received confirmation from the organisers that they would be more than happy to have me selling Custard and Carriages during the celebrations. The dates are: Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 October, and the Railway/Museum will be open to the public on Monday 24 as well. Check out the website: http://www.plainsrailway.co.nz/stock.php?page=1

On this site, they have photos of some steam engines that are very similar to some of the ones that appear in my illustrations. Take a look at this one:
Ja 1260 - Hillside Workshops






 It is a Ja 1260 - which I must confess, doesn't actually mean a whole lot to me!



TR 119 - A & G Price Ltd


Then there's this one - a T R 119, which looks a bit like the train that came crashing off the rails in one of my illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment