Tuesday 23 August 2011

Dummy Book

I've been working on my second picture book since late last year and I've decided that its time for me to get started on making a dummy-book so that I can see where the project's going. As I find it easier to draw the illustrations first and then concentrate on the text when the pictures are finished - or almost finished - I haven't really spent much time on the words yet. Over the past few months, I've attempted putting words together and trying to get a story-line sorted out, but its still got a long way to go. So far I think I've written parts of it out about four times - and I haven't even made it to the end yet!
Anyway, here are some pics:
This is just after I've glued the pages together - a tiny blank book that I've got to try to fill with appealing pictures and creative text...

I printed out some of my finished illustrations this morning and stuck them into the dummy-book. This time round, I'm making the book portait orientation instead of landscape like Cuastard and Carriages.

 And here is another page of the book. So far I've completed 7 illustrations and have another two in progress. For the finished book, I will need thirteen illustrations - I'm slowly getting closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment