Friday 29 July 2011

Ramblings

Onto my second print run for Custard and Carriages - I've only got about 10 books left from the original print. The Book Launches are one week away now, so I hope the next order arrives before then!

The other day, a guy who bought one of the books for his grandson was saying how much the boy enjoyed the picture book. In fact, he was pleading with his grandfather to take him out for a ride on a steam train! What a fantastic response! I love to hear comments like that - they are very motivating and encouraging.
As I'm in a situation where I'm working alone on projects, whether its writing, drawing or marketing, it can be difficult to keep believing in what I'm doing. Sometimes, it's hard to keep up the enthusiasm when its just me working on my own. So when someone tells me that they really enjoy my book, I get a huge buzz. It makes me feel that maybe I'm not wasting my time after all!

On another subject: I've been trying for a while now, to post some images of the illustrations I'm working on for my new picture book, but for some unknown reason, they just won't load onto my blog. I need to scan more of my illustrations, so I'll re-scan all of them and then give it another go when I've got the new files. Maybe I'm missing something really basic in the process, but whatever the reason, it's very frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment