Tuesday 19 July 2011

Model Train Show

Just got news last night that I can exhibit Custard and Carriages at the Big Model Train Show in Christchurch this year! It takes place over the weekend of 8-9 October, at the Pioneer Stadium. As I was looking through their website the other day, I read that "9,000+ visitors enjoy the best layouts and trade stands from the South Island. Pioneer Stadium gets jam-packed with not a space to spare, all the layouts look good and everyone has a great weekend. " - wow! That's a huge amount of people. I think I'll have to place another order for more of my books to be printed!
Here are a few photos of layouts from previous years.

LEGO layout


Kuttatri Bush Tram. West Coast sawmill. (from Hokitika).

Aside from the prospect of promoting and selling my book, I'm really excited about just going to the show. I've always wanted my own model trains, but never had the space (or money...) Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment