Friday 20 April 2012

Sometimes being an artist is irritating and troublesome.

I've spent most of the day working on one illustration - and it's been incredibly frustrating. The part I'm stuck on is a face and as it is only about the size of a ten-cent piece, the process is turning out to be quite difficult and time consuming.

I started on that illustration months ago and got stuck on the same area, so I put it aside and worked on other pictures. Now that pretty much everything else is finished, I am back to that hard illustration.

I turned the whole picture upside down in order to trick my mind and pretend that I wasn't looking at a face. It seemed to help, but I've still got a lot of work to do on the piece.

Now that I can see the end of the project, I am relieved. Just two more pictures to finish - and the remaining parts on each are faces. I can't wait to finish, but I also know that I can't rush it or I'll end up with a disaster. Must be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment