Wednesday 12 October 2011

Well, the plan was to have lots of photos to upload onto my blog after the Big Model Train Show. But it hasn't worked out that way.
We remembered to take the camera and tucked it into the bag full of all the other necessities for the day. As soon as I arrived at the venue, I began to rearrange the picture books on my stall table and set up the information displays. Dad (he helped out for the day) taped two posters advertising 'Custard and Carriages' to the wall behind us - I forgot to bring blu-tack so we had to use some tape from one of the neighbouring stall holders.

Soon after the doors opened and the first groups of people began to circulate around the venue, Dad hunted out the camera and positioned himself a short distance from my stall, ready to take some photos. I was distracted with talking to people as they stopped to look at my books, but I could vaguely see him lining up the camera to snap some shots. He seemed to be taking a long time. Eventually, Dad made his way back to my stall and whispered that the camera was dead - the battery needed to be recharged. So that was the end of our photographic attempts. If you want to see some images from the show, try this site.

During the full day that I was at the show, many people came by my stall and showed a lot of interest in the picture book. There were several stacks of information brochures about my book on the table and quite a number of people took a flyer with them. However, in terms of sales, it was a very slow day. Although I tried not to be too discouraged, I find that it is hard to remain confident that the book is actually any good after a tough sales day. That is when supportive family members are very valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment