Tuesday 25 October 2011

Its been a while since I posted anything! I came down with a nasty head cold just over a week ago - one of those head colds that make you feel groggy and ill for days. Then, when I was pretty much recovered, it was off to Church Family Camp in Staveley for the long weekend. On the Sunday afternoon, we all gathered in front of the main building for a group photo. Here is Lynn Clevely's snap of us all.
Between the speaking sessions, there was a selection of activities to keep the campers occupied, such as playing rugby (of course!), shooting competitions, card games, impromptu music jam sessions and exploring some of the nearby countryside. I took my small sketch book along and spent a few hours over the weekend trying to finish a pencil sketch portrait. It always takes me a long time to complete any pencil drawing and this one was no exception - I still haven't finished it. Lynn Clevely snapped this shot while I was drawing on Sunday afternoon.


Although the camp officially finished on Monday afternoon, Dad and I left before 10am because I had a stall at the Plains Railway and Museum which is just out of Ashburton. It was a celebration day (well it was over the whole weekend really, but I could only make it to the Monday events) for their 40th anniversary. My table was set up inside the station, beside the children's activity area. I thoroughly enjoyed the day - it was a well run event with lots of people passing through the station. I sold twice as many books yesterday as I did at the Big Model Train Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment