Wednesday 21 September 2011

I always have a book beside my bed that I read at night, and whenever else I get the chance. The latest, which I started a couple of days ago, is a biography called 'Dr. Seuss and Mr. Geisel', by Judith and Neil Morgan (below). image from this website

As I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Seuss' art style, I have generally tended to avoid books by or about him. To be honest, for some reason, I find The Cat in the Hat a rather irritating character - I think it is because he makes me anxious and I start worrying about all the mess he creates! However, in a moment of weakness or reckless adventure (not sure which) I borrowed this book from the local library.
So far I'm only part way through Chapter 5, but it is proving to be a very interesting read. And it has photos inside! I love looking at the pictures. Being able to read about an author/illustrator's life, where he worked, the history of the time in which he lived, all that sort of stuff is always enlightening. And who knows, by the time I've finished reading the biography, I might have changed my oppinion of the irrepressible Cat in the Hat!
 Image from this website

No comments:

Post a Comment