Thursday 9 June 2011

A Long Time to Wait

The desire to write and illustrate a childrens' picture book had been bouncing around in my head for about a year before I finally hit on an idea for the story. My grandfather worked on the railways for four decades, driving trains up and down the West Coast.
I remember the wonder and excitement I felt, as a young child, when I stayed with him and when he took me to visit the noisy, dirty train station.
As I began to create the story and illustrations, I was able to use a lot of his photographs as referrences for my work. Finally, after four years, my story has made it into print!






Early this morning, the courier delivered a carton to my house - a carton full of MY books. At long last, I can see it in a real book format. Very exciting!! Now the hard work really begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment