Wednesday 18 November 2015

I'm now in the final stretch before printing my next book. As displayed in the following photo, I've decided to entitle the book 'All by Myself'. 



These are early proof versions and the design has changed a bit since then, but it gives a rough idea of the end product. I'm hoping to have the book printed before the end of this year, and then be ready for marketing and selling in late January 2016.




With my books so far, each one has taken years to complete mainly because I take so long on the illustrations. I don't seem to be able to draw from memory or imagination plus my realistic style of drawing means that I often rework parts of a piece numerous times before I'm happy with it.

I'll be thrilled when I've seen this project through to completion and can hold the finished book in my hands.

Then someone asks what my next book is going to be ... and I just stare at them with a vacant glazed expression silently thinking, 'No, no no more books.'

Until I have another new idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment