Saturday 24 March 2012

This week I finished illustration number 12 - only one more to go! That's the good news. The bad news is that I have no idea what the last illustration will be like. I've written out all the text, except for the final page, so I know roughly how the story is meant to progress, but I don't have the image in my mind to work from.


I made up another dummy book as well this week so that I could see how the pictures and text work together in a book format and alter parts as necessary. It was looking great ... until I glued what will hopefully be the final illustration onto the second-to-last page. Grrr - now my system is all messed up. Oh well, it should be fairly simple to repaste the correct picture over the wrong one.

On a more positive note, a number of public libraries around New Zealand have been very supportive of Custard and Carriages and have bought copies of the book. It will be such a thrill to see the book on a library shelf when I go into one of the local Christchurch libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment