Tuesday 17 January 2012

SUMMER!!

One of the benefits of working from home is that I can arrange my schedule to include maximum outdoor enjoyment. This morning I was lying in the tent that is set up in our backyard, while I revised/edited my writing projects. Perfect spot!

Early last week - I forget which day - we all went out to a local fishing spot with several large ponds full of trout and salmon. Only children under the age of 17 are allowed to fish there, so I couldn't have a go. Instead I took a camera and explored the surrounding area. The day was particularly hot - towering trees shelter the grounds and bushes and other smaller shrubs grow up around the ponds, so there was barely a breath of wind.  While we were fishing, a number of other groups of young fishermen and women circulated around the lakes, but I didn't see anyone actually catching anything.
One of my brothers told me afterwards that the group who was fishing in the spot where we set up landed a fish just before he got his line in the water. Maybe they caught the only fish in that pond. Anyway, I enjoyed myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment